A vacation offers you the chance to revitalize and renew your mind and body. Vacations offer us a change of scenery, a thrill, and a means of escaping routine and fatigue.
A healthy and balanced lifestyle requires vacations, just like a decent diet and regular exercise. Although some may view them as luxuries, they are important if you want to live a better and more full life.
While vacations also trigger your productivity as you return back with a fresh mind, Chanty does the same for you too. Whether it’s your productivity or replying to important emails and urgent messages while on a holiday – you can do it all with Chanty.
Most of these quotes on vacation are lighthearted and playful, just like vacations should be.
So whether you’re looking for the ideal Instagram caption for your pictures from your summer trip or you’re counting down the days until your next getaway, hopefully, these vacation quotes will give you some inspiration and humorous relief.
- The secret of success is making your vocation your vacation. ― Mark Twain
- I need a 6-month vacation, twice a year. – Unknown
- No man needs a vacation so much as the man who has just had one. ― Elbert Hubbard
- The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page – St. Augustine
- A vacation is like love – anticipated with pleasure, experienced with discomfort, and remembered with nostalgia. – Evan Esar
- The time to relax is when you don’t have time for it. — Sydney J. Harris
- What paradise and vacation have in common is that you have to pay for both, and the coin is your previous life. ― Joseph Brodsky
- Find what brings you joy and go there. ― Jan Phillips
- Vacation calories don’t count. ― Unknown
- Jobs fill your pocket, but adventures fill your soul. ― Jamie Lyn Beatty Thi
- Life’s short. Eat dessert first, work less and vacation MORE! ― Lea Mishell
- I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list. ― Susan Sontag
- You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore. — André Gide
- My favorite place to vacation is anyplace by the ocean.― Nina Arianda
- Vacations are necessities, not luxuries. ― Linda Bloom
- Chilling out on the bed in your hotel room watching television, while wearing your own pajamas, is sometimes the best part of a vacation. ― Laura Marano
- One-week vacations are too short to prevent burnout; by the time you relax enough not to think about the office, the week is almost up. ― Cecilia Mikalac
- After all, the best part of a holiday is perhaps not so much to be resting yourself, as to see all the other fellows busy working. ― Kenneth Grahame
- After a while, just staying alive becomes a full-time job. No wonder we need a vacation. ― Michael Zadoorian
- On vacation, I totally unplug. I don’t bring a laptop with me. ― Will Wright
- A vacation is having nothing to do and all day to do it in. ― Robert Orben
- No matter what fabulous place I visit, I don’t feel like I’m on vacation unless I’m dehydrated and covered with sunscreen. ― Chelsea Cain
- Isn’t it amazing how much stuff we get done the day before vacation? ― Zig Ziglar
- When all else fails, take a vacation. ― Betty Williams
- To travel is worth any cost or sacrifice. ― Elizabeth Gilbert
- Read a lot when you’re on vacation, but nothing that has to do with your business. ― H. Jackson Brown, Jr
- If we were meant to stay in one place, we’d have roots instead of feet. ― Rachel Wolchin
- A wise man travels to discover himself. ―James Russell Lowell
- My goal is to hit the gym every day I’m on vacation. Usually, I just end up sleeping and drinking beer. ― Gary Allan
- Neglecting vacation is neglecting success because every success needs accumulated positive energy! ― Mehmet Murat Ildan
- There was nothing like a Saturday – unless it was the Saturday leading up to the last week of school and into summer vacation. That of course was all the Saturdays of your life rolled into one big shiny ball. ― Nora Roberts
- Time well-spent results in more money to spend, more money to save, and more time to vacation. ― Zig Ziglar
- A vacation spot out of season always has a very special magic. ― Max von Sydow
- Laughter is an instant vacation. ― Milton Berle
- Every man who possibly can should force himself to a holiday of a full month in a year, whether he feels like taking it or not. ― William James
- Jet lag is for amateurs. ― Dick Clark
- After a while, just staying alive becomes a full-time job. No wonder we need a vacation. — Michael Zadoorian
- When people went on vacation, they shed their home skins, thinking they could be a new person. ― Aimee Friedman, Sea Change
- The thing I love most about going on vacation is that I get to leave behind any kind of schedule. My entire life is scheduled from morning to night, and when I’m on vacation, there is no schedule. ― Kelly Clarkson
- Once a year, go somewhere you have never been before. ― Dalai Lama
- I have never believed that vacations are luxuries. They are our necessities–just like shelter, clothes, and food. They make us feel like humans and not like animals that care only for survival. ― Alexander Babinets
- It isn’t how much time you spend somewhere that makes it memorable: it’s how you spend the time. ― David Brenner
- Last year, I came away from the vacation thoroughly bloated and ten pounds heavier, convinced I’d blocked an artery and possibly shortened my lifespan by a few months. But I was also deliriously content, which is surely what it’s all about. ― Cash Peters
- Just a reminder that I’m going on vacation and you’re not. ― Anonymous
- People don’t take trips; trips take people. ― John Steinbeck
- If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine; it is lethal. ― Paulo Coelho
- Don’t wait for a vacation to enjoy life. Start to enjoy it now, today, wherever you are. ― Debasish Mridha
- Vacation is that time when you wish you had something to do while doing nothing. ― Frank Tyger
- It’s better to see something once than to hear about it a thousand times. ― Asian Proverb
- I travel not to go anywhere but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move. ― Benjamin Disraeli
- A good vacation is over when you begin to yearn for your work. ― Morris Fishbein
- As you grow older, you learn a few things. One of them is to actually take the time you’ve allotted for vacation. ― John Battelle
- A vacation is what you take when you can no longer take what you’ve been taking. ― Earl Wilson
- Vacation: a period of travel and relaxation when you take twice the clothes and half the money you need. ― Jerry Smith
Great quotes on vacation
No matter where you live we could all use a change of scenery every now and then which brings us to enjoy and go on our vacations.
Vacations help us rediscover our identities. They provide us a chance to relax and take a break from our typical day-to-day life and provide relief and a change of pace.
There’s nothing like a vacation to calm your body and mind, whether you go to the islands or somewhere else far away you’ve never visited. With that, we hope you enjoyed our directory of quotes on vacation and wish you a very happy vacation.