Every team has their own needs. Some need members that can access the shared team knowledge, while others require participation in only one conversation to solve a particular problem or task. That’s where Guest users come in handy.
Inviting Guests to a single conversation will limit the guest access to content shared within the conversation you specify upon invite.
There is no need to worry that guest users will access sensitive data, end up in unrelated conversations, or view the full list of your team space members.
How to invite single-conversation Guests
- Navigate to the People tab clicking the + icon on the left sidebar
- Choose the Guest user type
- Paste or enter emails of people you want to invite
- Choose a Conversation your Guests will join
- Click Send invitations to finish
Note: Every team space can invite Guests to a team space. Please, choose the conversation wisely and mind that it cannot be changed once the Guest is already invited.
How single-conversation Guests are charged
Single-conversation Guests can only access one conversation. Free Plan allows inviting only one Guest to a single conversation.
Upgrading to a Business plan will give you the ability to add up to 3 Guests per 1 paid seat.
For example, you can have 10 paid seats on a Business plan and invite up to 30 single-conversation Guests.
What permissions single-conversation Guests have
The Guests you invite to a single conversation are allowed to:
- View conversation Details and list of conversation members
- Send direct messages to members of a conversation
- Read and search through the entire conversation history
- View files and links shared in a conversation
- Send an unlimited number of messages in a conversation
- Share files, links, code snippets, GIFs, or other types of content
- Record unlimited number of voice messages
- Add configurations for the Apps installed on a team space
- Accept unlimited calls
- Adjust Notifications, Guest user Profile, Appearance
- Install and use the web, desktop, and mobile apps
- Open support tickets
The Guests you invite to a conversation are not allowed to:
- View the entire list of team space members
- View and join other Public or Private conversations
- Search through entire team space history
- Leave the conversation Guests were invited to
- Invite other members to a team space
- Make calls
- Create tasks
- Install new Apps
- Manage team space
How to manage single-conversation Guests
Note: Please mind that deleting the conversation where single-conversation Guests are invited to will end up in Guests having only Direct messages.
That’s it! Now you know how to invite and manage Guests. Feel free to contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions related to Chanty.