Project management is a critical part of business processes. Without an effective project management app, tasks can quickly fall behind and deadlines can be missed.
In today’s blog post, we will be discussing the best project management tools for teams. These tools are sure to help you stay organized and on track with your projects!
15 Best Project Management Tools For Teams
- Zoho Projects
- Mockplus Cloud
Chanty is a team collaboration platform for teams of all sizes. It offers some really valuable features for project management such as task management with the Kanban board, and video calling with screen sharing, file sharing, and a lot more.
Messages are not limited in Chanty and can be turned into tasks that can be assigned to team members. You can also set task priorities and due dates.
- Flexible and visual all in one task manager
- Creates workflow around different tasks, and helps start task discussion with your team with one click
- Prioritize your tasks easily, and get notified about deadlines
- Easy to use video conferencing tool for your team
Chanty can be integrated into a variety of marketing, developer, scheduling, and file management tools.
Chanty offers affordable pricing for companies of all sizes.
Free plan (maximum 10 users) – For teams under 10 people looking to get started with project management. Comes up with features like built-in task management, 20GB of storage (per team), one-on-one audio calls, public, and private conversations, and much more.
$4/month (per user), Business – For teams of any size looking to get high quality project management tools. Everything in Free, plus video-calls feature with your team, 20GB of storage (per user), unlimited app integrations, and much more.
Proofhub is a great tool for project managers who need to keep track of their team’s progress and ensure that deadlines are met. It offers a variety of features such as task management, Gantt charts, and file sharing. With Proofhub, you can be sure that your team is on track and that your projects are running smoothly.
- Good for projects of all sizes, plan, collaborate, and deliver projects easily.
- Custom workflows, with as many stages as you want
- Easy to use, all in one place project management tool
You can integrate Proofhub with many apps you are already using, including Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, QuickBooks, and much more.
Proofhub pricing is straightforward. They offer two different plans that come with a free trial.
$50/month (No user limit), Essential – Good for teams getting started with project management. Comes up with 40 projects, 15GB of storage, and good project management tools.
$99/month (No user limit), Ultimate Control – Good for teams that need excellent project management apps. Comes up with unlimited projects, 100GB storage, priority support, and a secured system.
ClickUp is the ultimate productivity platform designed to centralize all of your work across apps into one dynamic and collaborative work hub. Teams of any size and across industries turn to ClickUp for its wall-to-wall solutions for managing everything from daily operations to complex projects, even your business’ entire workflow.
ClickUp’s rich set of fully customizable features is ideal for aligning the team, working together, and delivering high-quality products on time and on budget. With over 15 unique ways to visualize your workflow and a scalable hierarchy, ClickUp offers much more flexibility than your average project management tool.
This flexibility allows ClickUp to scale with your business as you grow, and makes it the perfect platform to take your idea from the ideation phase through completion. Plus, there are over 100 ways to automate your work in ClickUp and over 1,000 integrations to streamline your processes even further.
- Over 15 ways to view your workload including List, Gantt, Board, Calendar, Mind Maps, and more
- Consistent Hierarchy infrastructure to break down any project into manageable tasks, subtasks, and Checklists
- Keep your conversations together with threaded comments that you can delegate to the team from any task, Doc, or Whiteboard
- Collaborative built-in digital Whiteboards to act on your ideas instantly
- A dynamic document editor to record everything from meeting minutes to bugs, roadmaps, and wikis
Free Forever Plan: Best for personal use. Unlimited tasks, unlimited members, 100MB of storage, Docs, Whiteboards, real-time chat, Kanban boards, sprint management, time tracking, and more.
$5/month (per user), Unlimited Plan: Best for small teams. Everything in Free Forever, plus unlimited storage, unlimited Dashboards, guests with permissions, unlimited Gantt charts, unlimited Custom Fields, and more.
$12/month (per user), Business Plan: Best for mid-sized teams. Everything in Unlimited, plus Google SSO, unlimited teams, custom exporting, advanced automations, advanced Dashboards, workload management, and more.
$19/month (per user), Business Plus Plan: Best for multiple teams. Everything in Business, plus team sharing, Subtasks in multiple Lists, custom role creation, custom permissions, priority support, increased API, and more.
Custom pricing, Enterprise Plan: Best for many large teams. Everything in Business Plus, plus white labeling, Enterprise API, MSA & HIPAA, live onboarding training, dedicated success manager, and more.
Asana is a popular project management tool that offers features such as task management, team collaboration, file sharing, and more. Asana’s work graph data model will help your team reach goals, and hit deadlines effectively.
- Map out each step and organize all the details of your work in one place
- Excellent reporting, real time insights into teams work
- Automation of manual tasks like new employee onboarding
Free plan – For individuals and teams just getting started. Asana’s free plan offers a good selection of features like
$10.99/month (per user), Premium plan – For teams that need to create project plans. Everything in Free, plus features like Workflow builders, task templates, custom fields, and so on.
$24.99/month (per user), Business plan – For large teams. Everything in Premium, plus features like goals, portfolios, custom rules builder, and so on.
Custom pricing, Enterprise – For organizations needing centralized visibility, control, and support. To discuss the price, you have to contact the Asana Sales team.
Trello is a great project management apps for teams of all sizes. It’s simple to use and easy to get started with. You can create boards and add tasks to them, and then assign those tasks to team members. Trello also has a handy mobile app so you can keep track of your projects on the go.
- Easy all in one place system where you can manage projects, organize tasks, and reach new productivity peaks
- No-code automation to skip tedious tasks
- Easy integration of old apps your team already uses
Free plan – Good for small teams starting with any kind of organizing. Good features to get started with (Unlimited storage, 10 boards per workspace, and much more.
$5/month (per user), Standard Plan – For teams that need to manage more work. Everything in Free, plus unlimited boards, advanced checklists, custom fields, and much more.
$10/month (per user), Premium Plan – For teams up to 100 people. Everything in Standard, plus calendar view, timeline view, unlimited command runs, and much more.
+$17,5/month (Per User), Enterprise Plan – For large teams looking to scale. Everything in Premium, plus unlimited workspaces, organization wide permissions, public board management, and much more.
If you’re looking for simple, effective project management software for your team, Trello is a great option.
SmartTask is one of the simple and easy-to-set-up project management platforms built for startups, SMBs, and enterprises. Along with core project & task management capabilities, it also offers a full-fledged sales CRM, time tracking, advanced team collaboration, and client reporting features.
It lets you manage tasks in four different views including list, board, calendar, and timeline. You can handle multiple projects with the portfolio view and manage resources with the workload view.
Team collaboration features let you communicate via group chatting, voice calling, and video conferencing. Team members can tag each other on tasks, comment on tasks, share updates, and attach important documents to particular tasks.
SmartTask integrates with tools like Slack, Google Calendar, Jotform, Mailchimp, Zapier, and many other applications that you are already using. It also has a template library for multiple use cases like marketing, operations, engineering, HR, etc. which helps you plan and execute your projects right away after signing up.
- Recurring tasks, subtasks, task dependencies, and reminders
- Manage tasks with the list, board, calendar, and timeline views
- Project milestones
- Task auto-scheduling & baseline comparison
- Portfolio & workload views
- Invite clients as guest users
- Built-in CRM & sales analytics
- Time tracking
- Voice calling, video conferencing, and group chatting
- Custom dashboards, analytics, and productivity scoring
- Free Forever Plan: Free plan offers unlimited tasks, projects, users, and contacts with 100 MB file storage and some restrictions on uses.
- $5 per user per month, Premium Plan: This plan unlocks some more advanced features with unlimited storage and very few restrictions on uses.
- $8 per user per month, Business Plan: This plan offers everything in premium along with white labeling and active customer support.
- Custom pricing, Enterprise Plan: This plan offers everything in business along with a dedicated success manager, single sign on (SSO), enterprise API, and access to managed services.
Wrike is a project management platform that helps teams manage their work and stay organized. It offers a variety of features, including task management, team collaboration, file sharing, and more. Wrike is a great option for teams of all sizes and can be used for a variety of projects.
- Customizable dashboards for your own needs
- Work in real-time with your whole organization
- Industry leading security (Cloud based project management tool)
- Connect all the essential business tools easily to Wrike
Free plan – For teams getting started. Personalized app experience, task management, live activity, and much more.
$9.80/month (per user), Professional – For fast growing teams. Everything in Free plan, plus more storage space, app integrations, shareable dashboards, and much more.
$24.80/month (per user), Business – For all teams across an organization. Everything in Professional, plus custom fields and workflows, good real time reports, more storage space, and much more.
Custom pricing, Enterprise – For large teams. More secure system, much more storage space, custom access roles, and much more. You have to contact Wrike’s sales team to discuss pricing on Enterprise.
If you’re looking for a project management app that will keep your team organized and on track, Basecamp is a great option. With its easy-to-use interface, Basecamp makes it simple to create and assign tasks, track progress, and collaborate with your team.
- Easily add/remove team members to each and every project they are involved in
- Stay organized with great team tools
You can integrate Basecamp with a wide range of applications. 3rd party tools like Zapier, helps you connect Basecamp to +750 business apps, including scheduling tools, marketing automation tools, CRMs, etc.
Basecamp pricing is straightforward.
Free Plan, Basecamp Personal – Good for personal projects. Comes with a limited set of features. 3 projects, 1GB of storage space and 20 users.
$99/month (no user limit), Basecamp Business – This is the go to plan, if you want to run your business with Basecamp. It comes with great features like unlimited users, unlimited projects, 500GB storage space, team projects, and unlimited clients.
9. Zoho Projects
Zoho Projects is a comprehensive project management app that offers a wide range of features, including task management, task automation, time tracking, Gantt charts, and more. It’s a great choice for teams of all sizes, and it’s also very affordable.
- Excellent Gantt charts to help you see the big picture of your brand
- Customizable workspace, different color themes, switch between night and day
- Integrate with different third-party apps
Zoho Projects offers a 10-day free trial for all of their paid plans.
Free Plan (3 users maximum) – A good choice for teams getting started.
£4/month (per user), Premium – A good choice for small/medium businesses (Plan up to 50 users). Everything in Free Plan, plus unlimited projects, 20 project templates, 100GB of storage, and much more.
£8/month (per user), Enterprise – Excellent choice for scaling businesses (Unlimited users). Everything in Premium, plus 30 project templates, task workflows, a global Gantt chart, and much more.
If you’re looking for a comprehensive project management tool that offers a wide range of features, Zoho Projects is a great choice.
GanttPro is a project management tool that helps teams plan, track and collaborate on projects. It features a Gantt chart that visualizes project timelines and dependencies, so teams can see what needs to be done and when. It also offers task management, team collaboration, and file sharing features.
- Structured Gantt chart functionality
- Manage your team and track progress efficiently
- Resource planning (Manage resources and estimate project costs)
Basic, Pro, and Business plans come with a free trial.
$7.99/month (oer user), Basic – For small teams looking for basic management features. Some of the core features are Gantt & board view, auto-scheduling, good virtual resources, and a project calendar.
$12.99/month (per user), Pro – For teams who want to streamline and automate project management. Everything in Basic, plus custom project templates, custom fields and filters, and much more.
$19.99/month (per user), Business – For teams who need to run comprehensive project portfolios. Everything in Pro, plus workload management, time tracking, portfolios, and reports.
Custom pricing, Enterprise – For organizations that need advanced security, support, and control options. Everything in Business, plus priority support, increased API limits, and excellent onboarding assistance.
Smartsheet is a cloud-based project management app that enables teams to collaborate on projects and tasks in real-time. It offers a variety of features, including Gantt charts, task dependencies, and resource management. Smartsheet is also integrated with a number of third-party applications, making it a versatile tool for managing projects of all sizes.
- Flexible for your needs, easily customizable
- Good for companies of all sizes
- Excellent integration possibilities to the apps you are already using
$7/month (per user), Pro – For small teams looking for basic project management tools. Comes up with unlimited sheets, reports, and dashboards, pre-built automation rules, 20 GB of attachment storage, and much more.
$25/month (per user), Business – For scaling teams looking for improved project management platforms, and unlimited workflows. Everything in Pro, plus unlimited automation, 1 TB of attachment storage, the possibility to integrate apps, and much more.
Custom pricing, Enterprise – For medium/large teams looking for excellent project management apps. Everything in Business, plus a no-code app builder, unlimited storage, 24/7 phone support, and so much more.
Hubspot is a tool that helps you manage your projects and team members all in one place. It has a Kanban board, Gantt chart, and task management features to help you keep track of your projects.
There are over 500 apps you can integrate with Hubspot, which is one of the largest selections in the industry. You can enhance sales and marketing reporting, data management, workflows, customer service, and so much more with these app integrations.
- Plan, create and launch your marketing projects easily
- Stay organized with great team management tools
- Create premade to-do lists and share them with your team
You have to request a demo from the Hubspot sales team to know the pricing. They will make your team a customized plan to match your own needs.
Hubspot has a built-in CRM and email marketing tool to manage your customer relationships.
Another incredible project management application that you can use right now is nTask. The application
is an amazing task management and project management application that can help you manage your
team members and all of the tasks and processes that they perform every day.
The application also has features like meeting management and collaboration tools that can help
different team members to be in contact with their team managers and their peers.
Let’s take a look at some of the other key features that the application has to offer to its clientele
around the world.
– Task management and Project management
– Meeting management and Collaboration tools
– Team management
– Gantt charting and Kanban Boarding
– Risk management and Issue tracking
- Basic (Maximum 5 team members) – For teams that want unlimited workspaces and unlimited tasks
without paying anything. You also get unlimited access to issues tracking, meetings and timesheets to manage the time that is being spent by your team members.
- Premium ($3/month/billed yearly) – This subscription of the application has unlimited team members with unlimited workspaces, projects with to-do lists and tasks. It also has advanced filters, Gantt charts and Kanban board views that are not included in the free plan.
- Business ($8/month/billed yearly) – This subscription of the application also has unlimited team
members with unlimited workspaces, projects with to-do lists and tasks. It also has custom fields and custom filters that can be saved. It also has risk tracking. Custom roles and permissions.
Apploye is project timekeeping software for project managers who are looking to track employee work hours. You can check tasks and project progress and make an informed decision for better project management. It has task management and export report features. You can analyze team performance and understand how everything is working.
- Project time tracking to increase overall efficiency in managing projects
- Set a budget and keep track of the project budget
- Manage employee payroll and Invoice clients based on the tracked hours.
Apploye has great pricing compared to other tools. It also has a 10-day free trial.
$4/month (per user), Solo – Good for a person looking to manage projects and time. It comes with unlimited storage, reports, and timesheets.
$5/month (per user), Standard – For teams looking to manage projects and track time. It has all the features of Solo, along with payroll and a detailed dashboard.
$6/month (per user), Premium – For teams looking to manage outdoor projects. It includes all of the Standard features as well as employee GPS location and geofencing attendance features.
$7/month (per user), Elite – For remote teams looking to manage projects in a more robust way, keeping verifiable data on project and task progression. It has all the features of Premium, along with screenshots and activity tracking, apps, and URL time tracking.
15. Mockplus Cloud
Mockplus Cloud is a design collaboration and handoff platform that helps teams manage the project harmoniously. No need to switch from different tools. No need to share revisions back and forth. Mockplus Cloud streamlines your entire product design workflow, and finalizes and handoffs your teams’ masterpiece perfectly.
-Simple and effective project management
-Handoff whatever devs need via a link
-Full spec docs
-Connect PRD and designs
-Brilliant integration with other tools
Mockplus Cloud does offer basic free version. It comes with 10 active projects, 3 project folders and unlimited designs.
$5.95 per user/month, Pro – 3 users min, Unlimited guests, projects, designs, project folders and admins
Custom pricing, Enterprise – Everything in Pro, plus Custom features, Design & collaborate on your own internal server, Exclusive training and services and so much more.
Project management is a crucial part of any business. Having the right tools in place can make all the difference in ensuring that projects are completed on time and within budget. We hope you find the right tool for your team’s needs!